Saturday, July 21, 2007

Most caring lady in life - आई

This probably would be the best blog that I would have written. One of the main reasons is that it has contributions from all my nice friend, but most importantly it is about the sweetest person I have met in my life and it is very unlikely you would have found otherwise.

Very obviously I am talking about “आई”. I am not so sure what you call her…some call her mamma, Payoshni calls her mummy, one of friend joking refers to her “Matoshree”, in the western countries, she is called “Mom”, down south in India she is called “amma” and if I keep writing like this, the list will not end. In all the variations, the "M" sound seems to be near universal to the word mother in many different languages. Incidentally, this is thought to be related to one of the first sounds an infant learns to control. Hmmmmm sounds interesting??

If I tried looking for a definition for “Mother” in an online dictionary, it would give me everything except feelings. And would it be any point knowing that?? So I asked my friends to share their feelings. Quite a few said that she is the best friend coz she has known me for years and I share everything with her. And there are few who admit that she is not the best friend, but then she gives so much space that you can share anything with her. For me the feelings are nothing different. She is not my best friend, but I know whenever I need to look back on someone to rely on, she is always eager to be there.

And while we are talking about motherly love, we can’t forget mom-made food, can we?? So what makes mom-made food so wonderful?? So much that a five-star dinner cannot provide?? Ofcourse, there is motherly love that goes into it. Or as Abdul says, its love converted into dishes. Other than is you also have the privilege of eat-as -it-cooks. Along with this also comes the sweet scolding! (at times)

The scolding does hurt, but then it is like the sweet cut of a doctor’s knife who is operating on a patient. Hurts but cures! Cure, Care and Protection…she values us more than her own life. I have been prone to injuries every time I have been out to play and every time that I had a mark on my body, I could feel the pain in her eyes. She always is the “Suraksha Chakra”

Today I glide on my bike and wade thru water. Had it not been for her, I probably might be keeping myself away from water and being a pillion rider thru my life time. I still recall the efforts and time that she put in to teach me inspite all my refusals. And how many have not faced such situations??

And to summarize the whole, here is a small marathi poem that my friend has dedicated to mother. And I have this for her:
When you have a mother who cares so much for you that anything you want becomes her desires

When you have a mother who is so understanding that
no matter what is bothering you she can make you smile

When you have a mother who is so strong that
no matter what obstacles she faces she is always confident in front of you

When you have a mother who actively pursues her goals in life
but includes you in all her goals you are very lucky indeed

Having a mother like this makes it easy to grow up into a loving, strong adult!

Thank you for being this wonderful mother!!!


And a poem that I found on the net that I would like to dedicate to her:


MOTHER

From seeds
You watered us.

As we sprouted
You helped us grow
With the warmth
Of your radiant love.

Along the way
You trimmed us
To keep us safe
From Harm.

When we grew out of
Our little pods,
You replanted us,
Where you gave us hope
And showed us faith
That we may be able
To do for others
As you did for us.

~Your loving son~

Payoshni gifts her mother yellow roses, Pradnya has a surprise gift every year…Sunday is her birthday and I am still wondering what do I gift her. She is the most precious gift that I have…what do I gift her. Whatever I gift her, I am going to be with her the whole day…trying to make it “the” day for her!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey buddy,

This one had touched me like anything... I have been staying away from my mother for the last six year and I miss her all the time.

This looks great! Amma is Amma…. There is no replacement. I love my Amma…

Pramod

Abhijit said...

Just 1 word....

WONDERFUL.

Anonymous said...

well..gr8 job yaar..
no words to express how spcl a mom is ya... just dunno how she handles all d probs by kpng it to herself n tries to b every1's moral support whn she herself is going thru hell.... oh god,MOM is ur best creation..
love u mom...alwaysss...
regards,
Trupti..

Nagesh Pai said...

Very well written Ashu, and good to see that you are getting more people involved in your posts, calling for their inputs

NightWhisperers said...

dude...agar sab inputs hami denge to apne blog mai na likhe ? ;) but great work yar...

Tejaswini Shenoy said...

Hey nice work Ashutosh. Really touching and poignant.

When it comes to our mothers, we children can never find the words to express what we feel for her. A mother is not just the person, she is the human form of love, strength, joys, encouragement.. I have got all this and more from amma..

Let your mom know about your love.. sometimes that is more than any gift could mean for her.. Do show her this blog on her b'day.. trust me, whatever gift you give her, this will mean a lot more.

A few years ago, some of our relatives had been in Pune and amma's b'day came during their visit. I just couldn't get her anything.. All I could do was make a card for her.. I drew something(I am not much of an artist..) and wrote a poem for her... For the Angel in my life..

The next day when I gave her the card, I was feeling really low becoz I couldn't buy anything for her.. but the joy and love on her face made me think that maybe she found this more precious.

Sometimes its not what you gift or how expensive the gift but the feeling behind it.

Please convey my best wishes to her on her birthday.

-Tejaswini