Saturday, June 23, 2007

Mystical Personalities

Frankly speaking, when I created the first post, the future of my blogging was as clear as (or rather as cloudy as) the skies in the earlier pic. I had no idea of what my next post would be. And yet blogging seemed beautiful. Not that things have cleared up much now…it still is foggy and I am not sure where I would be heading.

For the moment, I am moving from “Life in a Mist” to “Mystical personalities!!!

It was in fourth standard when I happened to read the children’s version of “The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde” and that is where I first got exposed to the concept of dual personality or split personality. Quite some years later, there was this movie “The Mask” which spoke about bringing out the inner character. In a context both these stories have nothing much similar. However in both cases we have a strong personality come out of a weak personality (or rather a meek person…probably) And I have been wondering all along how much of this fiction could be a reality.

Thinking on those lines, I have been experimenting with myself. Well not in the sense as much as converting Dr. Jekyll to Mr. Hyde...to some extent as to changing my dress code to changing my facial looks. From clean shaven to assal marathi manoos to a hollow French cut…I keep changing. All those who see me changing my styles every now and then keep wondering what I am upto…for me, it is what I want to feel like. And if you to want to be someone or if you are aiming at something, first start feeling like one…start being like one. Probably this poem that my dad used to tell me when I was kid should summarize it all:


If you think you are beaten, you are!
If you think you dare not, you don't!
If you like to win, but you think you can’t,
It is almost certain you won't.

If you think you'll lose, you're lost,
For out in the world we find
Success begins with a fellow's will.
It's all in the state of mind.

If you think you are outclassed, you are.
You've got to think high to rise
You've got to be sure of yourself,
Before you can even win a prize.

Life's battles don't always
Go to the stronger or faster man
But sooner or later the man who wins is the man
WHO THINKS HE CAN!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Buddy,

This is quite amazing; you have done a wonderful job! I am very happy for you friend...keep up the great work man.

Cheers!

Pramod

Anonymous said...

how bout putting up fotos of ur childhood too ?!! wud like to see little ash in paper briefs :)peace

Anonymous said...

Hey !!! Good job mate, :) Keep "experimenting with yourself" ... Cheers!!! :)